Saturday, July 9, 2011

Princess Kate Hugs A Cancer Patient




This just made my day when I saw this. A six year-old cancer patient gets a hug from a real princess. How many little girls dream of being a princess, and this little girl gets to embrace one.

I never cared about the "Royal Wedding" or any of that. I have a lot of respect for Prince William, who was a soldier, and even spent a cold night sleeping on the streets with homeless people (by himself, meaning without bodyguards or security nearby), so he could better understand their plight. I couldn't care less that he's a prince, but from what I've seen of him, he seems to have really good character.

Kate, I don't know much about. But to her credit, she doesn't seem to be trying to "top" Diana's legacy, or "live up" to it. I wouldn't have seen any of the wedding if it wasn't for my wife watching this at least six different times (in the same day); but from what I did catch of the wedding, it seemed relatively simple. Not much showboating, no riding in a winged-unicorn while William slays a dragon...it was nice and simple for a prince and princesess.

But the subject of this post isn't the couple, it's the little girl; I hope this moment brought some magic into this little girl's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment